Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Onomatopoeia Poem


Today we learnt about Onomatopoeia. They are words that sound like the sound they make, e.g. buzz-the sound a bee makes. I wrote a poem using onomatopoeia. We got to choose what we wanted to do our poem about, so I ended up choosing my poem to be about a toaster. This was a really fun activity because we got to work with a buddy when we did it, my buddy was Katie because we are really good friends. And we did this because it is book week at our school ( Belfast School ). My favorite part about this activity was probably describing the thing that we chose to do our poem about which was a toaster using onomatopoeia words. So I hope you like it and leave some comments down below. And see you in my next blog post that I end up putting on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic example of Onomatopoeia Taliyah! I was wondering what you were going to be describing and it got to the toaster and I had a little bit of a laugh because I made a connection and thought that a toaster can be a bit of a noisy thing. Is your toaster quite noisy at home? Wonderful presentation of your poem, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Wilkinson
      Yes my toaster is quite noisy. And i'm happy that my poem made you have a little laugh. I'm also quite happy that you like my poem and made a connection with it. Just in case i'm thinking of the wrong connection, what kind of connection was it?
      -Taliyah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post